Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Karmuela Searlel

One of the many Tarzans, Karmuela Searlel, was mauled to death on the set by a raging elephant!

So I was just looking through my favorite fun facts website and found the fun fact above. So I figured I should find out who this Karmuela Searlel is :) That is what this post is about! The whole who da heck is this person :) 


Oh I say, wiki-answers tells me that that fun fact is a lie. He died of cancer in Feb 14, 1924 apparently. Though there was a death rumor going around where he was SLIGHTLY INJURED during the filming of "Son of Tarzan". I wish to watch this movie now...I have never even heard of it. TARZAN HAS A SON!?!?!? is my one thought right now....Next source...what have they got to say about this!

All the other sources are just fun facts websites telling me he was mauled to death...they won't even tell me who he is! :c

AhhhHA! just use IMDb to find information about actors silly, why didn't you think about that before? I love that I'm writing a blog post as I'm research for it and so I get to write all of my thoughts and problems about my researching :D

Anyways. His really name is Samuel Cooper Searle. He must have changed his name you know XD
So IMDb says that Samuel was born in Hawaii (greatly jealous of him now). He met some Cecil person and went to Hollywood because of Cecil. With the outbreak of WWI he enlisted in the army and was sent to France. Though he was in at least two movies first. He was discharged from the army after getting injured and he may have been injured during the filming of "Son of Tarzan" while he was tied to a stake...carried by an elephant. (am I the only one who thinks this is really weird and I should probably watch the movie in order to understand this) Anyways after this movie he gave up acting and rumors started that he died during the filming of the movie. He became a sculptor and painter, but this career didn't last long because he had cancer. Samuel died at the age of 33 *tear tear* It was in 1924 that he died, which was four years AFTER the filming of "Son of Tarzan" so logically he couldn't have been killed by an elephant during the shooting of that show...DUH.

As much as I trust IMDb, I am very upset that the fun fact didn't use his birth name, I had so much problems finding him because of that! :c Research about him is done now...I'm bored of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment