Sunday, October 30, 2011

Horror of the Horror in Horror Movies

So my friends really wanted me to go watch Paranormal Activity 3 with them tonight/yesterday night. I made it very clear that I couldn't watch scary movies, no matter how unscary they said it would be. So they went to the movies without me and one of my other friends and then we hung out after the movie. The were starting to watch Paranormal Activity 1 when I arrived, and I CANT WATCH HORROR MOVIES. So of course, I might have thrown a little bit of a tantrum, but you have to understand that my imagination is way too active for horror movies. I already scare the living day lights out of me at least once a day. I can't even watch previews of scary shows without letting them come back to haunt me later.
Like when I was driving home in the dark from my friends house at 11pmish (closer to midnight than 11) I couldn't stop thinking about the clip of Supernatural I had seen. Where there was this something girl that just appeared in the middle of the road and he hit her and she then appeared in his backseat. I don't know why, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. And I was like oh my god there's going to be a creepy something popping out at me any second now. I really shouldn't be allowed to drive home alone in the dark. Though if it's dark and I'm in a car no matter what that thought starts running through my head.
Then of course there's this show that I watched when I was littler that of course creeped me out and I have yet to recover from it. It was where the tooth fairy will kill you if you see her and that she couldn't go into light. It was really really scary.
There's also Criminal Minds. Yes I think that's shows scary. I have to watch the whole episode or I will have nightmares.
My nightmares are very very very unpleasant. I have enough of them without the help of scary movies also. My imagination will just obsess over stuff I see. Just keep obsessing over it until I go insane and it will freak me out. Some nights I can't even convince myself it's safe to sleep you know, without some random person creeping into my room at night. I have my dog in my room most nights, and I still don't always feel safe. I think he would protect me....maybe....
So that my dears is why I can't watch scary movies, my overactive imagination will scare me to death. There's also the reason that I just plan don't enjoy scaring the shit out of myself. If it's scary I want no part in it. Now I can't sleep by the way....I just can't sleep....and I didn't even pay attention to the damn movie. We just saw a commercial of a different horror movie when we were waiting for Beastly to start.
Little kitties being torn to pieces with knifes. My friends, the kittys thing doesn't actually work for me like it seems to work for you when you're scared....It won't leave me...So I am sorry to my friends for being a wuss, I accept that I'm a wuss. Please understand why horror movies and I don't mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment