Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I I love you like a love song baby

Working on some of my Pre-Calc...because we had a test today and I didn't know a lot of the problems that were on it DX it wasn't exactly a pretty site. Luckily for me, my teacher lets us work on it the next day if we don't finish it...so I am studying all the problems that I know will be on the test...ain't I a smarty child :) I know that I should probably keep up with my pre-calculus homework from now on though, so I don't have to scramble at the last minute to learn everything for it.

So over the weekend I went to visit my older sister, Abigail, at college.
Actually...on Thursday I went to my little sister's band concert. I got to watch the last part of her part of it (I was late because I went to a movie with Naea...which I will tell about in another post because I have a lot to say about that.). After the concert was over, we went straight to the car. My dad started driving and we didn't stop driving until we were somewhere around Waterloo and hungry. We listened to the Chronicles of Narnia the whole time we were in the car. At Waterloo we stopped quickly at Wendy's, had dinner, and then were back on the road. It was a five hour car drive to our hotel and we arrived at 1 A.M.
On Friday Paul, my mom, and I went college visiting. We visited Buena Vista and Morningside. I made a pros and cons list for Buena Vista, but not  for Morningside. I might have gone to Morningside for a college visit, but I don't plan on going there. It just isn't a place that I think I would fit in at. BVU is on the top of my college choices list. I really like that school. My pros took up the whole column and my cons took up like 3 or 4 lines. There just weren't that many cons for that school that I like so much. I talked to a Social Work professor, and I must say, I really liked her. She has the same dream job as me, pet therapy person. I would love to be a pet therapy person XD. Like those people that take dogs to nursing homes and such, except getting paid for it. Apparently there is a university that has classes for that. It isn't a paying job though, and of course I sorta am going to need money when I get outta college (before that too).
Then on Saturday, after a long and tiring Friday, we went to Abigail's college and hung out there for a while. We went to a cross country meet of hers, and then back to the hotel to dry our shoes. Her cross country meet was in South Dakota, 2 hours from Briar Cliff, which is her school. It was raining there too. I nicknamed one of her cross country team mates, "Speed Demon". He's not really that fast though, and I didn't actually end up meeting him, but whatever.
We watched a volleyball game when we got back to Briar Cliff. The Briar Cliff people lost, and we went back to the hotel with Abigail to go swimming.
The next day (Sunday) we went to church at Briar Cliff, and I actually paid attention to that mass (it wasn't as boring as what it normally is like and I just couldn't unfocus my attention). After church we went to Trinity Heights which is a place some people go to for a pilgrimage. It was pretty kool I guess, except I get bored easily and we stayed there too long for my attention span. Then we went to dinner and said good-bye to my sister. We headed home, another 5 hours in the car listening to the Chronicles of Narnia. We only got to the book, Prince Caspian and didn't even finish that book. Oh well though, I've read all the books so I know what happened XD

No comments:

Post a Comment