Thursday, October 27, 2011

Caramel Apples

Well, I think that I need to tell you the history of...THE CARAMEL APPLE :) Since I am eating a delicious green apple covered in caramel and nuts. I remember when I was little and my mom let us make our own caramel apples. We would stick sticks in the center of the apple and then wrap caramel around the apple. Then into the oven the apples went and a little later we had caramel apples :D Though of course we had to let them cool down. Those were some great caramel apples, the ones I have been eating lately aren't as great because they are the generic kind, but I still like them.

So history of the caramel apple time, the first link that popped up was how to make a caramel apple, that thrills me we must look don't you think. Ew they say use red apples, I'm against red apples though so that wouldn't work. Guess I would be using green apples instead XD Here's the link to the allrecipes.com website with the caramel apple recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/caramel-apples/detail.aspx
Maybe that is how we made them actually. I guess I don't really think the apples ended up in the oven. I just think of the oven because that's where I always would find the caramel apples after we were done making them. I don't exactly remember everything about making the caramel apples...Next Website....Wikipedia.


They are also called Taffy apples, bet you didn't know that! Oh I see. Taffy apples are the apples that have like nuts or something on them instead of just the caramel. Caramel apples are the caramel apples, with nothing but caramel. So today I ate a Taffy apple that means. :) Homemade caramel results in a softer, creamier coating. That sounds delicious! I wish to eat some homemade caramel now. My older sister and mom use to make caramel all the time for us. Well not all the time, they would make caramel treats for like holidays and such. Hopefully they do that again this year because I love caramel. Tart crisp apples are prefered for use, I understand that. You wouldn't want a soft apple to eat (like the one that I just ate :c)

That's all I have to research about Caramel Apples now. I didn't find any history on wikipedia, but I am getting hungry just thinking about the caramel apples so I must stop researching them. Maybe (probably not though) I will research some more about the caramel apples again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment