Friday, October 28, 2011

Hippos eat people

Well it's hippo day! kinda...sorta...um yeah so hippos are animals. That are grey. They like to swim and they are rather large. In zoos they are given places where they have access to water, to swim in. When I think of hippos I think of the movie Tarzan. Do you remember where Tarzan is dared to go get a elephant hair? He dives into the water and goes really deep. He sees a hippo under water that is swimming and he wags his ears at the hippo. That's what I associate hippos with, the wagging of Tarzan's ears.
Hmmm I think now that we have written everything I can about hippos, I shall get ONE fact from wikipedia about them and then PICTURE TIME. I just can't resist putting cute adorable pictures of hippos up you know. They are so adorable.

Okay I lied...two facts.
   1) Hippos are the 3rd largest land animal :D
   2) The first zoo hippo in modern history was Obaysch who arrived at the London Zoo on May 25, 1850, where he attracted up to 10,000 visitors a day and inspired a popular song, the Hippopotamus Polka.

Another thought! hippos are Dangerous. Apparently. The sign says so you know!




No comments:

Post a Comment