Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chaucer's Tale again

So I already wrote this whole post out that I wanted to post....and then stupid blogger decided I wasn't going to be allowed to post it....ugggggg I have to rewrite the whole thing now.
Basically I was just talking about how much I really didn't want to work on Canterbury Tales and how I always end up getting on my blog when I don't want to work on it. It's not that I don't understand the project that we are doing on Canterbury Tales, I understand that. I just don't understand the questions that we have to answer for our project is all. For example....
What is Chaucer satirizing about this character. Often it is very general satire and Chaucer the poet sometimes has a different opinion of the character than the more naive narrator who is also named Chaucer. Cite specific lines that support your opinion.
Another one is....
Explain what your tale reveals about 14th century English society. You can consider customs, laws, superstitions, occupations, geography, etc.

So that's what I'm working on tonight even though I don't want to....that stupid project and at some point in time VERY soon I have to get around to reading the Jungle Book for this class. I don't really have the time to read it which is a huge problem :P
Today was family "whack-a-mole" day....we washed and waxed cars....I'm not exactly sure why I keep wanting to call it whack-a-mole day...I just really want to. Today I also skipped church in order to go watch some water polo. It was great fun, I wish I could live at a pool like that. It was Olympic size and I was completely in love with it almost instantly. That rec center in Iowa City that I went to was AMAZING. That's how the day went down anyways.....
Oh and my dog decided to attack a preying mantis....











Wow my partner for my brit lit project forgot about our project and doesn't even know what we are supposed to be doing...am I allowed to be mad at my best friend for this? x.x I don't want to have to do all the work on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment