Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day of Silence April 15th.

Okay so I might be just a little late on posting something about this...but I wasn't able to post anything about it until now so this will just have to do. I wrote up something on Friday about DOS and I wanted to share it with someone. So here it goes....



Today, as the Day of Silence, I ahve sat back and watched you, my fellow classmates. Many of you took a card I gave you, saying you couldn't do it because you like talking, but you fully support it. I wanted to ask you if you really do. If you support it fully, one day with silence wouldn't kill you would it? One day with silence seems to me like a small amount to ask of people to do for a world without bullying. I guess that's why we have bullying though, no one cares enough to stop it?
Today, I myself got bullied for my SILENCE and cards. People made it into a game to get me to talk. In fact my own FATHER made fun of me for it. I don't care though, I want bullying to end so I will stand by what I believe in. I believe that no matter who you are you should be able to be you without being bullied. I understand what it feels like to be bullied for what your beliefs are much better now. I've always been bullied, but only today could I see a reason behind cutting me down and want to stop it from happening to others.
I wish we didn't have a Day of Silence, I with there weren't people who were bullied. I wish people would speak up for them. The people that do speak up, I'm glad they do because many of the people that see the bullying don't speak up. We do a Day of Silence to bring awareness to this and try to get more people to realize what it going on and DO something about it.
I hope that you realize what went on today, and I hope you do think about what you can do to help the bullied. It takes someone who has been bullied or affected by it to do anything about it it seems. It doesn't have to be that way though.
Please help stop the silence. I don't know about you, but what's wrong with there being no bullies? Sounds like a perfect place to live.

Protect those who don't speak out. Speak up for them. Don't let them be a victim any longer

Yeah...I wrote that on Friday and every word of it is true. I really did get pushed around and bullied for what I believe in that day and it helped me to understand better what was going on everyday in this horrible world. I just don't get why people look down on each other, it's not right. I'm not saying that I don't do that, but I try not to and I try my hardest not to hurt others feelings and if I do, I say sorry, I comfort them, I don't bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment