Monday, June 27, 2011

Oregon, California

Well I must say my drawings of what I did each day on my trip are rather helpful.

Oregon: We stayed there for 2 days sorta, which caused us to get home a day late. My mum wasn't the happiest about that, but it was a great idea. First of all, we stayed because we had cousins there. Well...my 2nd cousin my aunts first. Anyways, his name is Garth and he showed us around on the first day we were there. We went to the Butte of Eugene. I call it the Butt :) That day was the day we just toured Eugene.I don't think I have told you what we named the gps yet so I must spill that....we named her GRETTA.
Anyways on the 2nd day...we had a 13 hour car ride just to end up back where we came. I got quite car sick from it I must say. We visited the Diamond Falls and Crater Lake. At some point during that we hit a squirrel. I slept most of the car ride because of my car sickness and left Tami *aunt* to listen to Garth talk. Then after Crater Lake we went to the beach. Garth told us that the ocean is always less than 55 degrees. It was a sunset beach picture time and I was FREEZING. We didn't stay there very long and went back to the really nice sleep inn. It had a walk in shower with no curtains :) It was nice.
Did I mention that Self pump gas is illegal in Oregon? Good for Oregon making jobs for people :)


California: We went to a restaurant in California near Sacramento that had tablecloths that you could color on! I was thrilled and drew a whole picture with trees and unicorns and a head of yogi da bear. The next day (since we arrived in CA at night) we went to the Jelly Belly factory for a tour. It was AWESOME. We also went to San Fran's beach and saw the golden gate bridge from a far. San Fran had 5mph traffic or slower during the rush hour we got stuck in. Then on the way to Nevada we stopped at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. It was a yummy place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment