Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reminder to Protect Your Heart Fiercely

Throw not a stone in the dirt,

For it'll splatter back on your skirt.
Wipe off the daily dust,
And let not your iron rust.
Do not let the despiser inside the gate;
For his breath is a baited bait.
Protect your heart with all precaution;
For it alone first deserves your caution
~By Domenic Marbaniang

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


When times in life do get hard, our heart and mind we must guard,

For trials can and sometimes will, cause one’s heart to not be still,
Moved by what someone might say, we could lean the wrong way, As the devil attempts to hinder us, from fully trusting Christ Jesus.


Satan does at times use another, Christian Sister and or a Brother,
With a thoughtless word or two, in his attempt to hurt me and you,
So we need to be ever on alert, as all Believers Satan tries to hurt,
To deter the very cause of Christ, in each and every Believer’s life.

The Word of God tells all of us, to guard our heart in Christ Jesus,
Paul’s admonition that we read, which as Believers, we must heed,
As thoughtless words will be said, we can be like our Lord instead,
In the very spirit of our Savior, responding with Christ like behavior.


Of Satan, we all must be aware, as he desires to see tempers flare,
Stirring our emotions deep within, Satan wants us to respond in sin,
And so we need to guard our hearts, against the enemy’s evil darts,
For even the purest heart can be, a target for God’s archest enemy.
Guarding our hearts is truly a must, while in God we place our trust.
Living a life, which truly pleases, God above, through Christ Jesus,
To truly live at peace with all men, when in Christ we are born again,
To be a witness to God’s Salvation, to every man and every nation.

~By Bob Gotti (I would like to point out the parts that I like are bolded in this poem)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A man once told
"you mind your heart"
there's a lot of men
who'd like to tear it apart

So i listened well
and to my suprise
never was I treated
bad by guys

I saw that same man
while on a stroll
he asked how my heart was
I replied "it is whole"

He complimented my skill
to preserve what is mine
He just kept on walking
and i went on just fine

One more year past
and i found a young man
who said to me with confidence
"let me treat you the best I can"

I took his word
and he took my hand
he showed me true love
the flames were fanned

I fell hard
it wasn't thought through
I had never risked before
on something so new

The mans words
rang in my head
i knew i had to pull back
Or i was going to be left for dead

So i explained my situation
and he understood
he said he could wait
like a real man should

So we went on our way
adventures were many
laughs filled our voices
and kisses were plenty

I knew i was in love
he knew i was too
then came the day
when on my voice it broke through

I love you i whispered
as if it were a sin
to tell how you feel
to let someone in

He had waited so long
for this to arrive
Never had i seen such
light in his eyes

He held me close
and then did i hear
a faint, cool voice whisper
"I love you too" into my ear

i saw that same man
just last week
he is old and alone
no one to greet

I told him of my love
and the joy I have found
he looked me in the eye
and gave a sincere frown

I told you to protect your heart
not sqaunder it away
you gave into love
believe me, some day you will pay

I looked up at his horrid face
loneliness spoke from his eyes
i said " I am the happiest girl"
your words are none but lies

he turned to go, but looked back
i think i saw jealousy
i got over the risk losing
something he could not believe

then my mind wandered
where is my boy now
i really do love him
I've got to see him now

I ran into his loving arms
the one place i am okay
and sat beneath his protective roof
and stayed with him all day
~By a Lindsay

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Breeze flows by
Whispering words into my ear
Numbness grips my soul
and the Scarry heart skips a beat

The Sun setting down the prairies
Signals the end
When will you come back to me
I am shattered and broken

The Flowers have died
my tears have dried
These wounds will never heal
unless you touch me

Even in a stone
Lies a heart Soft enough to pardon
Believe me my love,
I am shattered and Broken
~By a Hemant Anugonda

No comments:

Post a Comment