Monday, June 6, 2011

bumps along the way Quote #7

There are always going to be bumps along the way, 
but you have to be strong enough to say
I am going to get through this no matter what!
Hey guys...it's me again, Maena. So I last left you where Noah and me were in my bed completely making out. Well guess what happens next? >.> That's right, Jace saw that. Skip to Monday...My parents are back and ready to be the protective parents that they are after being away for the weekend on an outing that I am greatly jealous of missing.
"Maena! Time to get up for school!" My mom called up the stairs to me, the first sign that they were back. My family had gotten back late last night and hadn't wanted to wake me up. Though I wasn't asleep at the time, I had been waiting for them to come home because I was scared to go to sleep because Jace might show up. He had been leaving threatening messages on my phone and texting me nonstop since Saturday night. Our yard was a complete mess because of him and a few windows in the garage had been broken. My parents had been too tired to question me about it last night, but today was a whole different story.
"Mom?" I inquired. I was already up and walking down the stairs when she called for me. I could see the question on her lips. It wasn't that she was mad at me for what had happened, because she knew I wouldn't do such a thing, but she wanted to know what had happened. "I broke up with Jace last week remember?"
"Yes I remember that. Is he the one that did all that damage outside?" When I nodded she looked worriedly at me. "Did he hurt you?"
"Not this time mom, not physically anyways. Mom I want a restraining order on him though." I told her.
"Of course sweetheart. Do you have any prove that he is the one that did the damage outside and anything else he did?"
"You don't believe me?" I growled at my mom before I ran out of the room. I didn't want to hear what else she had to say as she called out to be, I just continued to run until I was completely out of the house. I was surprised to see Noah leaning against his car, waiting for me. I had forgotten that I had been forced to promise to let him drive me to school today since I refused to let him see me yesterday. When he saw me come out in a hurry he walked over to me, his hands causally in his pockets.
"Hey," I greeted rather breathlessly. "Let's go."
"Backpack?" he inquired, eyebrows raised. I could tell that he thought that something was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it right now. I just wanted to get out of there before my mom came out of the house. It was too late though, I could hear her calling after me. "Your mom wants you Maena?"
"Don't worry about it let's go," and I got into his car, slamming the door behind me. He walked around and got into the car, after waving to mom and then started his car up. "I don't want to talk about it," I hiss out as he looks like he is about to say something. I'm completely in tears by this time and after we drive around the corner of the block, he pulls his car to a stop. "We're already going to be late."
"Maena," Noah began and I tense up, but he doesn't say anything else like I though he was going to. He just pulls me into a hug and lets me cry on his shoulder. Once my tears are spent, I pull away from his protective arms, figuring I owe him an explanation.
"She didn't believe me," I sob, being consumed by sobs now. They are dry sobs because I have no tears left in me, but still sobs none the less. Once again Noah's arms are tightly around me, his hand brushing through my hair very soothingly.
"Maena, tell me what happened." That was all I needed to hear before I told him the complete story. When my story was done I felt him chuckle a little, my head having been resting on his chest.
"What's so funny about that?!" I indignantly growled at him.
"Well because, she was proof that he has been harassing you so she can get that restraining order. If she doesn't have it the police won't give her one. So she believes you, but she doesn't want to put you through the pain of telling your story to the police. Instead she wants other proof to use against Jace."
"Oh," I'm stunned that I thought my own mom wouldn't believe me when I was talking so gravely.
"Maena, there are always going to be bumps along the way, but you have to be strong enough to say I am going to get through this no matter what. Do you really think a restraining order will stop Jace?"
"No, and what has that quote have to do with anything Mr. Quote man?"
"Because, you are going to have to be strong about this. We both know that Jace won't leave you alone even with a restraining order. So what are you going to do about it?"
"Punch him in the face?"
"Something like that. I'm thinking more of a, I teach you how to protect yourself sort of thing."
"That would make me stronger and then I would be able to get through this, but," I tease, looking into his lovely eyes. "do I get to kiss my teacher?"
"Nope," Noah teased back, giving me a peck on the lips. "You do get to go to school now though."
"Fine," I sigh resignedly. "Let's get this over with."
"Don't forget to be strong about it, and I'll be with you the whole time. Jace can't do anything to you at school." And so Noah drove me to school and he was right, Jace didn't try anything that day at school. Of course he did try to corner us in the parking lot at the end of the day, and Noah's car might have been scratched by a key, but that wasn't that bad. I promised to get Noah's car's paint job fixed for him, but he said not to worry about it. He didn't care about his car.
When I got home, I apologized to my mom and gave her the proof that she needed for the restraining order. Noah and me were right about the restraining order though. It might have kept Jace at a distance around other people, but that didn't stop him from trying to get to me. Noah's teaching skills proved very helpful one day when I was walking home by myself. Very helpful indeed. Jace doesn't bother me much anymore because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment