Monday, June 27, 2011

Nevada, Utah, Nebraska, HOME

So at this point we were mostly just in a rush to get home. So we didn't do much of anything in these states.

Nevada: We stopped in Virginia City, a ghost town. It wasn't much of a ghost town. More like one of those towns that everyone dresses up like they are from that time period. We went to the school house and I got to ring the bell. In the school house we learned about how dangerous mining was from this little ghost child that told us all about it. There was also a street race in that town.

Utah: That night we stayed in a gross awful hotel (days inn if your wondering) in Salt Lake City. I ate at Denny's the first time there and then we got our butts out of that state because we were disgusted by it!

Nebraska: So Utah's hotel pooped us out for hotels so we decided we were driving all the way through to Iowa. We made little stops along the way so we didn't fall asleep. We stopped at a Little America (the billboards really wanted us to go there). I don't know what their obsession with penguins was about though. Then we stopped at a Prison and at Lincoln's head. The Prison was awesome :) I got to go into the gas chamber and we just had a huge tour of the place.
The Lincoln head was just his head. I don't know what it was made out of...wood or stone or something. It was really big though. I couldn't have reached his head if I wanted to and I could barely get in a good picture since his head was so big.

So that was our last attraction really. We drove the rest of the way. We did end up stopping twice at rest stops because I really didn't want to drive and my aunt took some naps. I was a really worthless person to go on a road trip with I guess. I had fun though. I hope my aunt did.

No comments:

Post a Comment