Saturday, June 25, 2011

Montana, Wyoming

Again...Please don't take offense if you are from these places. Though I don't think I am saying anything super bad? 'o.O I don't know though

Wyoming: I was only in Wyoming for Yellowstone really. We went and saw Old Faithful. We were mostly looking for bears though because on the Montana license plate there was a bear so we figured we had a better chance of finding one in Yellowstone (we never did.) We saw an Elk and a sick Buffalo though. And then a whole herd of Buffalo were crossing the road so I got to stick my head out the sunroof to take pictures of them :) They have a sign that says no molesting the animals....I must say I had a great time in Yellowstone. Though I did start to get car sick with all the twisting and turning and up and downs of the road!

Montana: Well after Yellowstone we went to ghost towns. I personally am a huge fan of ghost towns so I was thrilled :). At said ghost towns (Virginia City and Nevada City) they were CLOSED because they were like museums or something and you could tell that they were fixed up so they weren't the greatest of all ghost towns. Oh well though...it was still perty darn awesome :) I don't remember what else we did in Montana...That is all I can think of right now...guess I should have updated right when I got back or while I was gone...I did take a lot of pictures of the most beautiful place ever though! It was gorgeousssssssssssssssssssssssssssss I loved the hills and mountains and then I got sunset pictures. I must say I completely love Montana. Oh and they had ranches and such :) There was also an old guy that offered us a home...this is what my aunt had to say about that after getting in trouble with her mum for not being a good influence on me :) She had to clarify the story....


When we left Yellowstone, we drove out to some desolate parts of Montana exploring ghost towns.  We stopped to get gas in one of the small towns before heading to find a hotel for the night.  As I got out of the car, the older man at the next pump asked where we were from.  Told him Illinois, which he knew from our license plate.  He and his wife were from Illinois originally too, so he wanted to know what part.  Then, we had a conversation about what we saw in Yellowstone.  He commented that it was late and we had better find a place to stay for the night (it was about 7:00).  Our plan had been to camp in Yellowstone, but it was hailing so we opted for a hotel down the road.  He thought we were crazy for considering camping ("Bear live there, ya know") and offered us a room in his house so that we wouldn't be driving that late.  It was sweet and innocent, but kind of creepy that some stranger (and his wife) would offer us a place to stay.  Nonetheless, we thanked him, had a nice laugh, and drove to our hotel in Helena.

*Side note* I forgot to say in my ND post that we went to the Cowboy Cafe and I had Buffalo steak...it tastes like hamburger...just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment