Monday, October 15, 2012

Tardis Hat

The hat.

The "B" didn't work out very well

The finished version
One of my friends gave me the great idea of making the tardis hat...and by gave me the idea I mean I showed him a picture of a tardis hat and told him I was going to make one. It was actually not as hard as I thought it was going to be to make it. See I had found this pattern online, which I had no clue how to read crochet patterns....My mum had to help me out on that aspect. She also had to teach me how to double crochet, which I had absolutely no clue how to do until Saturday when I made the hat. So she taught me how to do the whole double crochet. I was practically done with the pattern and it didn't look anything like a hat so I had to undo the whole thing and start over. My second try I got it ^.^ I made the whole hat on Saturday, even with having to undo the whole thing and start over. I didn't start working on it until the afternoon either cause I slept the morning away like a cool kid. The words were probably the hardest part of the whole thing. I couldn't get them the way I wanted, and I just think the words look awful....especially the B's....I couldn't get those at all.....Digital 8's are what they look like.....But yeah with a lot of help from my mum (meaning she taught me a few new crocheting methods) I managed to make a Tardis hat :} I'm pretty proud of it.
Now I wish I had more of the royal blue yarn to make my favorite gloves to go with the hat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment