Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Speaking



So I have come to realize something in the last couple days of school that really is bothering me. I have a speech issue. I can't read books out loud because I stumble over words and people make fun of me for it, I also start stuttering slightly at times. Though my stutter isn't a real stutter, it just gets annoying that I can't get the word out as fast as I want to. Then there's also my speaking to people problem. If someone were to talk to me for a period of time they would start noticing it. I have problems with forming sentences. Just listen to me talk and you can catch me skipping words that need to be in the sentence to make it a sentence and stuff. I basically am just saying phrases to get my point across but not enough to make it a real sentence. It sounds really bad and makes speaking quite hard at times. Like when I'm trying to get people to understand and I'm skipping words when I have it exactly right in my head. I hear myself say it wrong, even when I have the words in my head! Yeah I am getting annoyed with me talking.
To explain what's going on with me I have an analogy, kinda sorta.....So I write out speeches when I have to give a speech, like word for word what I am going to say. Then when I get in front of people, I completely freak out. I want to get out of there as fast as possible. Well that's when I start cutting parts out of my speech so that I can get out of there faster. That's basically what I'm doing when I'm talking. I'm cutting parts out of what I'm saying so I can be done talking faster.....

No comments:

Post a Comment