Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo

Well, NaNoWriMo starts very soon. I'm excited....I have a story ready to be written. I have absolutely no clue where I want the story to go, but I have an idea. I of course have another story idea as well...but that one doesn't count because well hey I don't want to count it XD It's my dream story....I start my sleeping off with making up a story from where I remember stopping the night before until I fall asleep. I never seem to get very far in the story because I always get sidetracked and end up going back to the beginning and starting over...but yeah dream stories ;P
ANYWHO I was talking about NaNoWriMo....my story idea I am sure I have already shared on here. I was inspired by the gangs that I heard about while in Guatemala. Gangs are sort of an obsession with me. I think I am going to have to do some research on gangs for this story though. I want this story as accurate as possible, not just a story that has inaccuracies. I tend to write that type of story...I want to try a whole different type of story writing! I'm going to have to make it a romance novel of course, because that is all I ever write. I never don't have any romance in my stories :\ It bugs me..... I don't want romance and yet it ends up happening every time :\
When we were watching a movie in Spanish class last week I found out that mercenaries paid by the USA were what made up the gangs in Mexico today. I thought that was really interesting....so I'm definitely going to have to do some research on gangs. Of course I don't know anything about gangs now a days so I've been debating about having a story that was written in the 1920s. That is one of my favorite time periods...The only problem is I just read a story about gangs in the 1920s and I'm not sure I want to write a story in the time period now because it feels too much like copying even though it has a different idea....it's still a love story...in the same time period....with gangs....
But yeah I'm excited for NaNoWriMo! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment