Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fair Day 3

Well I got home late last night so tired, that I didn't write about my day at fair. There really isn't much to tell about it.
I arrived at ten til 8 in the morning and counted the money and began to work at the Youth Council's food booth at the fairgrounds. I worked from 8 in the morning until 9 at night.
There really wasn't anything eventful that happened other than the storm, I never left the booth the whole day until we were sent out to get rid of some of the popcorn that we had, which we just gave to Austin. Austin is a friend that we made when we went to Washington D.C. I also saw Reno yesterday who was Austin's buddy the first part of the trip. Reno's mom was there too <.< but that's an obvious person to take to fair, she was at the Wash trip as a Chaperone though.
So anyway, we went into lockdown around 5 because of a big thunderstorm. We were supposed to go over to the block building, which wasn't very far away from the booth, but we decided that the booth was safe enough to protect us from this huge storm. There was supposed to be 80mph winds and golf size hail, but the booth was a sturdy building that would protect us from all but a tornado really. That's what the adults thought so we just went with it. Abigail was all "Get your ass over to the block building now" but it was too late by then. The block building was overly crowded with the carnival people. We were told later but a fellow youth council member that the carnival people are dumb and were trying to light up when they were in the booth. They also apparently smell bad and don't have very many teeth. That I don't find surprising.
While we were in the building, hiding out really, one of our adult mentor people. I don't know what to call them. She called herself a bitch after she said one of us couldn't run down to the grandstand to get some food. We were all really shocked because we had never heard her swear before. The other mentor person had a walkie-talkie- because she works for the extension office and the people on the walkie-talkie informed  us that there was a fridge on top of a car. That was the only damage that happened, that we heard that is. If anything else flew off during the storm, it was quickly corrected.
So after the storm it was business as usual. We sold stuff, talked to people all that stuff. Then we were sent out to get rid of the popcorn so that we could close up. So we handed it all to Austin, as I have already said. He didn't even want the popcorn, but we gave it to him anyway and told him to re-join Youth Council.
After we were all cleaned up in the booth we counted the money (got a huge amount) and then we went home and slept.
Actually we stopped at McDonald's drive thru to get some food because I hadn't eaten any real food all day. In fact all that I really ate was some air heads and a bit of popcorn that day. After we ate (we being Pau and myself) I went to sleep because I was tired. Well I took a shower and then went to sleep, but same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment