Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fair Day 0 Day 1

So yesterday was day 0 of fair. We were just setting up the fairbooth and all that jazz. I went swimming right before it and had a BLAST...I really didn't want to leave...I love swimming so freakin' much :} but we had to get to working on our fair booth...so we went and set it up and it looks "great." I'm just pretending it does. I'm not impressed though.
Today was Day 1 of fair, an actual day. We got our static exhibits judged. So I took my photography up to a judge and handed them my "write-ups" that I had my little sister write for me because I'm lazy. (there were so many spelling and grammar errors and they all said the same thing) Well I got kicked out because it wasn't on the official write-up form that we don't actually have to write our write-ups on but the "nice" judge said that I had to...so I went and write one worded write-ups on the official form and went to a different judge because the "nice" one was busy. I got the "mean" one. Well I didn't think she was mean but I was a complete bitch to her because I was pissed off. Photography doesn't need a write-up! I didn't have a goal when I took the freaking picture. I didn't think about it. I just shot the damn picture and moved on! but no, I have to have a goal. So she wasn't really happy with my write-ups and said that I had "lots of potential" and that my picture were state fair worthy, but I needed to work on my write-ups. I flat out told her I wan't going to fix it. She gave me reds on all my photos because of my write-ups. I really don't care either, because I don't like judging. I now the pictures are good. That doesn't matter to me!

So after that we had a couple of hours to waste before we needed to be at the Grandstand for the opener of fair. So we went to Wal-mart, my brother Pau, my sister "Quackles", and I. We just wondered around Wal-mart for about an hour, maybe more. Going slowly through everything. I chose what color I wanted to paint my room (Caribbean Blue with a stripe through the middle of the wall "Antique Silver"). We examined their duct tape selections and I found some great ones! Spongebob, Hello Kitty, Skulls, Pink Plaid. We looked through the birthday cards that sung and listened to all the songs. We found someone had shoplifted Yu-Gi-Oh cards by just taking the cards out of the box and leaving the box lying around, too light to not have anything in it and the wrapper removed. Yes we checked to see if the cards were in it still....No they weren't...
After we got bored of Wal-mart, we went to Culver's and had some concrete mixers (I got Nerds and Butterfinger as always).  Once that was done...my crazy brother drove us crazily back to the fairgrounds.
We went through the opening ceremony, dying of the heat (97degrees) and then watched the opening act of David Nail for a bit. We left when I started to smell people smoking and drinking around me. Those smells are just too strong for me to handle on a good day and it was a bad day...so we left :D 


The End :D
Tomorrow we have to go to the dog show (though I can't show dog because my baby and I didn't get to enough classes :c). The dog building is supposedly going to be over 100degrees, and we already are in a heat advisory area. It is not going to be fun. Good thing I don't have to stay there for long :D

No comments:

Post a Comment