Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Read Minds Quote #9

If I could read minds I wouldn't ask so many questions.

"There is no way I'm going to be able to say this nicely." Mrs. Bettors warned.
"Well just say it then," Nina growled angrily. She had been in this room too many times in the past week to care anymore. She was getting annoyed with being taken out of class just to visit Mrs. Bettors for no reason. Well there was a reason, but Nina didn't like to talk about it. She didn't even like to think about it.
"Your mother," Mrs. Bettors paused for a moment, and Nina tensed up. Anything that started with her mother would end up to be horrible. Everything that had been going wrong these last couple of weeks had been because of her mother.
"What about my mother Mrs. Bettors. You have my attention for the next 5 seconds and then I'm going back to class and you can forget about telling me whatever the fuck you want me to know," Nina hissed out.
"Your mother died at the beginning of the week." Mrs. Bettors gasped at the end of her sentence with a big sob.
"I already know that," Nina laughed. If anyone other than Mrs. Bettors had been in the room they would have locked Nina up just for laughing. Her laugh sounded like one of those lunatics that live in the asylum, which made sense because she was one of those lunatics. "Now tell me what I'm not in class for. I told you, 5 seconds."
"Your mother died at the beginning of the week, making you an orphan. The money that has been keeping you in this school has been put to an end. You can't stay at this school anymore."
"That's not a surprise," Nina laughed harder.
"We also haven't found any of your other family members yet, they seem to have scattered everywhere. Do you know where we can reach them? The state has asked that we keep you under our wing until they are able to find you somewhere to stay."
"Oh I don't know," Nina sarcastically sighed, appearing to be quite sad about this. On the inside she was cracking up though. She got bored of the sad act faster than anyone else would have normally though. With a glare on her face and an evil smirk, she added, "Good luck finding them though. You will have to search long and hard to find those hobos."
"Your family isn't hobos!" 
"You really think that do you? I'm only asking because I can't read minds. If I could read minds I wouldn't have to ask you see. God wouldn't it be nice to read minds. Now if you will excuse me, I will be getting back to class."
"Just one minute there Nina!" Mrs. Bettors yelled as Nina ran out of the room. Nina didn't stop, knowing what Mrs. Bettors would want to say. Instead Nina ran into the classroom she should've been in and plopped down in a seat in the back next to some boy she didn't know and didn't care to know.
"Glad you could make it Nina," the teacher at the front of the room smiled, knowing what Nina was doing. The teacher closed the door, only to have it opened right back up with Mrs. Bettors coming in.
"Nina you are not paying for classes anymore so you will not be taking them!" Mrs. Bettors snapped, stalking towards her. She raised a hand to slap Nina for running off, when something strange happened with the air.
"Aw," Nina moaned, turning to look at the boy that was next to her. "Do you have too?" He just nodded and took her hand, leading her out of the classroom and out of the school. Neither of them looked back behind them.



I was looking at my saved drafts and found hat apparently I already had a quote #9 written before I wrote the other one. I'm not sure which one I like better. This one obviously isn't done yet, but I just feel like sharing it as it is because I don't want to add anything to it right now. :) It also doesn't really make any sense....but whatever...I wrote this last year and it was just saved haha there's probably a reason why I scrapped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment