Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In The Action You Don't Always Do What You're Taught

Once upon a time, I had to give my horse the wormer medicine today. So I took my siblings out with me to help me get him out of the pasture that he was in because the rams were in there. My siblings don't know how to act around horses. Yes they got the rams away from me, but then they spooked my horse with being loud, flashing a flashlight in my horse's eyes, and letting the dog bite at my horse's tail. I've always been told that if a horse rears up, you are supposed to let go of the rope right away. Well I went against that. My horse was pulling away from me too fast for me to keep up with him and I had to close the gate since my siblings are idiots and didn't help me with getting my horse (who's name is Birthday Party by the way) out of the pasture.
When he reared up because of my dog, I held on. He didn't rear up that far, but then he took off running and I couldn't hold on any longer. I had to ran after him of course, not getting too close to him (well I couldn't have anyways because horses are fast). He almost plowed me down once, but then he decided against it and ran off to the gate that leads to the barn. The gate was closed though so we couldn't trap him in there (again thanks to my lovely siblings since I had left it open). Because the gate isn't open and my dog isn't listening to us and he's chasing Party, Party decides the best thing to do is run off into the woods. Now Party has a lead rope dangling from his neck since I had clipped it onto him. The best part about this is I had thought that maybe I shouldn't leave it clipped onto him when I was trying to get him out of the pasture with the rams.
Anyway I finally got my dog to leave him alone, which entailed my dog running towards the house because I was mad at him and he decided to listen to me yelling at him to go inside. Then I went after Party. He was down by the chicken coop and my other dog was following him. The other dog wasn't a threat though so that was okay. The Party came running back from the chicken coop and ran around the yard. He went to one side of the house and I thought he was so spooked he would keep running to the other side, so I went a different route to try and cut him off. He wasn't there though and I thought he had gone back into the woods. I can't see anything because it's so dark so I just call him name and squint while my brother uses his flashlight that spooked him to find him. We didn't find him there so I start walking around the house again so see if he just didn't go all the way around. Eventually my other dog comes running up to us from the direction of the barn/driveway. I head that way and sure enough Party is just eating grass in the barn area (I had my siblings open the gate right away so Party could get back in). Poor Party was completely spooked but still let me approach him and take him into where his boy (Marble Cake my other horse) was.
THE END
True story too....so annoying.....and I got rope burn from it. My hand feels so freaking weird now....

No comments:

Post a Comment