Thursday, January 5, 2012

Death Penalty

So do you agree with the death penalty?


I don't. I can't really say why I do, because I never make any sense to anyone....but I don't. I don't believe in killing people. and YES the death penalty IS killing people. No matter how much you disagree with that statement you are wrong. The act of killing someone is exactly what execution is. People might say that executions is okay, but would you really say that killing people is okay? If you say that is messed up, then what stops you from murdering someone? What stops you from going outside right now and just killing someone? Nothing does. Nothing does. If you think that it is okay, you pretty much are a murderer. I mean seriously.
The death penalty is very degrading. It takes a huge amount of money, more money than that of just life in prison. Which by the way, I don't agree with prisons either. Then again, I'm just in a really disagreeable mood today. Maybe tomorrow I will think prisons are just fine and dandy. I mean most people who end up in prison probably have some issue deep down that needs to be addressed. But hey let's just throw them in prison so they get raped, and beat up. Let's just make it even worse!
 Back to the death penalty, it isn't actually legal in the state that I live in. Just saying....we are learning about it in Criminal Justice right now. My teacher told my class that she  doesn't believe in the death penalty because she thinks that they should have to suffer like hell. She wants them to suffer more. She wants torture to be legal. She told me so. I don't have a high opinion of my teacher anymore. Some people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and get charged with a crime they didn't do. Or with a crime that was an accident. I don't think that anyone should be tortured EVER. I don't believe in violence though, so I guess I should just accept the fact that most of the time I'm going to disagree with anything she has to say in my class now. I just can't believe she would tell us that. She shouldn't be telling us her opinion. She should be encouraging us to have an opinion of our own. How are we supposed to make our own opinion if she is trying to force her opinion on us.....That's my thought. Just saying.
Now....I want to know yall's opinion on the matter. Death Penalty or No Death Penalty? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment