Thursday, August 23, 2012

Inspirational Best Friend


This is one of my best friends in the whole world. He's a really strong and superbly kind and caring person. I consider him my older brother and want to share his story with you... So get some tissues out and read the rest of this caption about why this picture is here today.



"Just a few days ago in my hometown there was a Relay for Life thing that depsite my best attempts I had missed. I wanted to go badly, but I couldn't, and so instead I am going to upload this. 3 days before I took this picture I found out that my mom's 
Breast Cancer was for sure terminal. Before there was some hope that maybe there was an alternative treatment she could have that may give her a chance and she had gone in for some tests to see. My dad had called her that night to check in and she didn't say what they were, but she was crying and asking for us all to come over the next morning. We did, and it wasn't good news. In fact, up until then I had never heard my mom flat out say she's dying. After we left, my dad, brother and I went on a trip. He told us how he met our mom and took us to Niabi Zoo because it just happened to be free that day, and I think because thats where my parents had taken me when I was a baby. We didn't get back home until pretty late and for the past few weeks I had called my mom every night to check in on her, but I was pretty exhausted. But I still called her, and I said "Hey mom, I know it's kinda late, and I wanted to call you earlier and tell you how it went at the zoo, but it's been a long day and I'm really tired. Anyways, before I go to sleep I just wanted to say Goodnight.." and then before we hung up I said "I love you". Immediately afterwards I started crying, because we had never really been that expressive around eachother and that was very hard to do.. but I know it was worth it. The next morning she had posted a status saying "I love my children!" But I knew that what she was going through was very difficult and that her appearance had changed alot. Even though she said she didn't care much how she looked, I could tell that there was still a part of her that did. So..3 days later I went and made this sign. I was going to send it to her, but..I never got a chance. So I'm uploading this now, for all the people with cancer, and all the sons and mothers in a position like mine. And all the people out there who feel bad about their appearance. Because even if they don't say it now or never get a chance to, there is someone who would like to say this to you. 'Roses are Red, Violets are Blue Has anyone Said That You're Beautiful?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment