Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 4- Wednesday August 1

I'm back from Guatemala and Belize now so I thought I would just put my journal entries up here for yall to read about my trip. Just beware that there is about to be a heck of a lot of posts :} Also I'm legit-ally just copying my journal but adding some pictures, and my journal is written in Spanglish in some parts, so you might not understand it all ^.^

6 o'clock
Alarm woke us up and we shut it off so we didn't have to hear it
6:30 -up and at 'em
We woke up, got read for the day. I make my bed way better than my roommate XD Like I can't stand wrinkles so there isn't any. She just kind of throws her blankets on the bed so it's sort of made but not to perfection. It bugs me for some reason, but MY BED IS MADE ^.^ (yes I'm bragging)
7:15- breakfast
It was really weird. We were left to eat alone and had corn flakes. The weird part was the milk for them had been warmed up! It wasn't bad but I prefer dry cereal. We also had yogurt and oatmeal. The yogurt was really runny, but yummy frescas yogurt.
8 o'clock -Escuela
Nosotros tuvemos escuela of course con Yolanda y yo got annoyed con el sol! Mostly we just chatted, well they did while I listened. We talked about a show Yolanda likes that has prostitutes in it and people buying people (sex slave trade dealio) We also talked about Tikal. Learned it would take a day to make the 45 minute plane ride, so I'm glad we are taking the plane. After break we played scrabble. I was awful at it!
I don't understand it anymore in Spanish than en ingles! I was doing two letter words "Si" "Pa" "De" "Di" that sorta thing until Yolanda helped me. My brain just isn't good at Scrabble. I mean I suck at words with friends XD The second game I did do better though ^.^ I used the word "Bano" so I'm pro now ;P
1 o'clock - Lunch
We had beef stew basically. There was beef and potatoes in it and we added rice. It was really good.
2 o'clock
We got all dressed up, had our umbrellas and jackets, ready to go up el volcan! We had an hour bus ride y una chica puked on the way there. The puke was running down the aisle. Es muy grosero. She ended up staying on the bus when we got there because she wasn't completely better. Nuestra maestra stayed with her since she's climbed the volcan before. We didn't even get off the bus antes de nosotros were attacked by lil kids trying to sell walking sticks to us. Rent a Stick ;P I didn't buy one, but they kept asking if I wanted to, saying I would need it (I didn't) I was going to stay with the main group, but after a few minutes of walking, my roommate had an asthma attack so I stayed with her. So did tres chicas y dos chaperones. One of the chaperones ended up riding up like two other chicas because she didn't feel good. The rest of our small group went up really slowly so my roommate could walk it. This boy went with us about half way up. Oh and our guide stayed with us... The boy was riding a horse who's baby followed the whole time. We got so many pictures. Well I forgo my camera was charging (glad I forgot it) and so I was taking pictures with Mariah's camera so she didn't have to worry about it. We got the filly "Lena" (yo pienso que nombre de ella) to eat from our hands. She really liked to lick our hands too, probably tasted salty or something. She was cuatro mes old; her madre tiene tres years. (can't say years in spanish on here because I won't have the accents and stuff so I would be saying butt). Eventually the guide told the boy to go away :c It was a sad time! He was adorable.
After like tres horas, nosotros finally made it to the top. It was maybe 5, 5:30, or even 6 at the time. I obviously don't know. I would've loved to keep going but it was getting dark and it started to rain. After a lot of pictures and taking some lava rocks, we booked it down the hill. It took a lot less time, but we were like soaking wet by the time we got down. Some perritos went down with us. A lot of us (not me) gave all their food to the dogs because they didn't get a lot. Then una chica gave her jacket to someone and money to some kids. All we heard after that was "Money for me?" as we walked to the bus. They obviously could use it, but I didn't give them any or I would be mobbed by the rest of them. That was the reason I didn't rent a stick ;P
On the way back, my roommate got sick. She had a bag so it didn't get everywhere at least. Now she's doped up on drugs for bus rides. We didn't get back by 8:30 for dinner, though Elena waited up for us. We weren't really hungry though...I hope it wasn't really rude of us >.<
I took a shower with ZERO water pressure, so it was just barely drizzling...Whatever though. Then we finished packing for the Tikal flight and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment