Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ethan's Lake Party

Yes I will get back to my journal of Guatemala soon, but for now I must tell more recent stories!

On Sunday, August 12th to be exact, I got to go on a trip to Kewanee. I was so excited. Abs went with me because my mum thought I would need a babysitter. Actually she came because I didn't want to go alone and I had asked if Pau could go with me and that was veto-ed, I can't imagine why. The point of me going to Kewanee was Ethan was throwing a HUGE lake party out at the lake. Naturally he invited me ;P

Well we drove 2 hours to get there and then Ethan was all "You can't arrive before 1" on us, guess what >.> He told us that we could! :c So before we actually went to the party (since we weren't allowed) we went and chilled at some park where it said there was ducks. We only went back to Ethan's party because he promised us ducks. THERE WERE NO DUCKS.

The party was a drag really. At first we all sat awkwardly around talking to people we knew. For me that consisted of Abigail because Ethan was busy talking to some of his other friends. I got to meet Mr. Adorable (Ethan's lil bro), which I greatly enjoyed. He was trying to get everyone to give him piggyback rides. After awhile Ethan went and got his keyboard so we awkwardly sat around listening to that. There was less than 10 people there at the time and it was extremely awkward feeling, to me at least. It was rather entertaining though.

Then two of my favorite people showed up, Stevopal and Jessi. We had lovely conversations and played on the playground for a while before Jessi had to leave. Then it was just Stevopal, Abs, and I along with JJ because we had convinced him to finally show up. Stevopal kept throwing mulch at me, actually both of the guys did...Mr. Adorable went all Mary Poppins on us and was jumping off high places with umbrellas. It seemed really dangerous, but then again I HATE high places so it might have just been me.

Well we went to eat at the only restaurant I have ever eaten at in Kewanee....The Great Wall, it's a Chinese restaurant! It was actually pretty good. I mean it wasn't great food, but it was okay. After that we went back to the lake and hung out there until 10ish and then Abigail and me left.

And yesh it took me over a week to finally get this posted.....It was like 2 weeks ago that I started writing this >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment