Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 3- Tuesday July 31

I'm back from Guatemala and Belize now so I thought I would just put my journal entries up here for yall to read about my trip. Just beware that there is about to be a heck of a lot of posts :} Also I'm legit-ally just copying my journal but adding some pictures, and my journal is written in Spanglish in some parts, so you might not understand it all ^.^

6 o'clock- woke up...went back to sleep
6:30-up and at them.
7:15- ate pancakes with fruit! Papayas....couldn't decided if I liked them or not. They were really sweet and melony, but not like really solid.
8 o'clock- Escuela
I got asked preguntas, like to come up with sentences to go with ser y estar, y couldn't come up with any. My mind isn't like super working right now because I'm so tired...It just keeps going blank :\
1 o'clock
We had something delicious for lunch. As I'm writing this two days later and can't remember...yo pienso que lo es sopa de pollo again. I really can't remember much :\ Wish we had more free time so I would have a chance to write
1 o'clock- Mercado
At two they took us to the big mercado. It wasn't as bad. People weren't begging us to buy anything. I got a maraca, a box whate, a red bracelet, and four other bracelets (one for free). The whale is for me because it was just too kool not to buy.
4 o'clock- Salsa lessons!
There were two groups for it. My group es el primero. It's pretty simple and we got to dance with some guys. Pablo was one of them and he has all the girl's gushing about him. I admit, he is very guapo, but there isn't really any reason to gush after him. I got to dance with all three of the guys... The dance instructor handed me off to a guy who couldn't actually dance XD We were learning faster than him for the most part.
"Uno Dos Tres. Cinco Seis Siete" was our counting beat.
5 o'clock- Home/Market
Went home and got Mariah's money so she could buy stuff at the market and went back there. She had forgotten her money at home for when we went there the first time on accident and had really wanted to buy a dress at the mercado.
6:30ish -LOCKED IN
We were chilling in the market and the gates got locked because it was closing time. So we had to walk around the market and find the other half of our group which consisted of five girls, two chaperones, and myself. We found a gate, with a guard that had an AUTOMATIC RIFLE, to let us out once we were all back together. Then we went back home. Two of the girls in our group were fighting because one of them apparently had been taken advantage of by a vender lady while the other girl was supposed to stay with her.
7 o'clock-Dinner
We either had a stuffed breaded thingy or some steak thingy. I'm not sure which one XD
8 o'clock- Rainbow Cafe
We went to the Rainbow Cafe to chill and listen to some music. We waited almost the whole time for Mariah to get her drink that she had ordered...she never got it. The place was really cool looking and had good music. Tehre was a drummer and a guitarist/singer. The drummer (according to Maddy) was rather cute but not as cute as Pablo. I concurred :}
9:30- Ugh Late
We were supposed to be back by 9:30 but the drinks had just arrived for some and one of our teachers wanted us to leave as a group. Our german teacher that came as a chaperone on the trip ended up sorta walking us home and we were locked out! Lucky America heard us trying to get in or we would've had to wake everyone in the house up to let us in. That was the end of that day's adventure and we went to bed. Well.. I did while everyone else (Mariah) took forever to go to sleep :c She kept moving around and I just wanted to sleep. Eventually she stopped.

Everyone seemed really surprised by the amount of sarcasm they have been getting from me. I'm just that great of a person, I can't help but be myself here.
Tuesday is the day homesickness hit me. I really wanted to talk to Ethan... I mean a few days is way too much to be without my dose of Ethan's awesauce behavior and attitude. I miss talking to him so much :c
I also miss 'Merican toilets! We can't flush toilet paper here...Can't flush it because their pipes are so much smaller than ours are. If we were to flush toilet paper we would ruin the pipes and it would be really expensive to fix them apparently. I didn't want to find out how expensive it would be though so I didn't flush any toilet paper ;P
Some of the girl's skype people because they are willing to pay for their internet just for a short conversation with someone, but I think I can survive a week in isolation from back home. I mean, we expected it to be no contact at all, so why should we go out of our way to find a way to contact them? They don't expect us to contact them....

Mercado

Salsa Dancing with the Teacher

Salsa Dancing with the guy who can't salsa (I'm #13)

No comments:

Post a Comment