Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homecoming

So this last week was homecoming week....very eventful? :P
Monday~PJ day
Tuesday~ Twin Day
Wednesday~GenderBender Day
Thursday~PowderPuff Day (cheetahs win!!!!!!!!....junior/freshman team)
Friday~Spirit Day (we win for the first game in like forever)

My favorite day this year I must say was GenderBender Day....all the guys dressed up as girls made my day. It was so hilarious!

Anyways....on Saturday was the dance :)
That's my dress that was made by my Grandma for my mother to wear at her sister's wedding (bridesmaid dress) and my sister altered it in 2009 for a homecoming dress also. My little sister is the only girl in our family left that has yet to wear it :) For my altercation of this dress from what my sister did I made it a little shorter, so it was a little above my knees, put sparkles on it (to hide the stain my mom got on it when she tried to glue it shorter), changed the lace color to silver from black, and took off some of the lace so it wasn't itchy.

This is me and my date that ditched me for like the whole dance...doesn't he look stylish? :P oh and he can't see because at the dance he broke his glasses...this is after the dance at my house for the bonfire. We had a bonfire and didn't get to sleep until around 4-5am :) we are just that kool. Our bonfire mostly consisted of sitting on the trampoline while watching the boys (my brother, my date, and my friend- Paul, Austen, and Dylan) wrestle and try not to be injured when they almost land on top of us. It was great fun though :)
This is the group that I went with minus my date because he failed at passing information on to his father and I had to go pick him up on the way to Huhot. After these group pictures (which are rather blurry) we went into Cedar Rapids and ate at Huhot before walking around the mall (in other words going to Spencer's and Hot Topic) before the mall closed on us. The boys proceeded to play the penis game in the mall and I'm sure we would have gotten kicked out. Then I had to lock the windows in my car because the people in my car (Austen, Paul, and Kyle) were trying to climb out of the windows pretty much while they waved and flipped off the other car that was driving people. Kyle's date (who is the blue dress on the left, Erica) was the only one that didn't distract me while I was trying to drive :P

The dance part wasn't that bad either, though I normally don't like them much. My group kind of broke apart and just my best friends and me ended up dancing while the boys just sat around or outside being lame. There of course was the whole grinding feast of a dance circle going on in the front/middle of the commons where the dance was, but my group actually can dance (sorta) so we don't do the whole grinding nonsense that people seem to do too much of :) My friend, Mariah, had to go home early though because she got sit.... sadness right there...after the dance was the bonfire as I have mentioned and then the girl's and me were in my room for the night...we played truth or date...which ended up being truth or truth.
Isn't it funny how when you are little you always choose dare because you don't want to tell secrets about yourself to others but then when you are older you are scared to do the dares because they get wilder as you grow older? :) The only dare that was done was that I had to put a piece of popcorn on my tongue and my dog was supposed to eat it off my tongue....he ruined the dare though because he is my baby and refused to eat it off my tongue :)

Now I have school tomorrow and am very tired so I will leave you with this.....

Tramp burns are like Tramp Stamps...just less permanent. ~Austen SnySny after getting a burn on the trampoline from wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment