Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Mind Poem

My mind is like a fortress with layers of protection. Behind every wall is a secret that must be hidden. In every stone there's a need to run and be free.

The moat around my fortress is where my thoughts swim. Sometimes dangerous, sometimes shy, sometimes the most random things. Many of my thoughts are like the gators but in the moat. They eat my mind as they get into the fortress. The moat snags some of the thoughts that would hurt me. But it can’t get them all.

Every corner has a passage leading towards who I am. The fortress so big and its so hard to get in. But once your in, your in and you won’t be able to get out. Its a maze to find me though, so the journey is long and hard through the fortress.

My mind is like a fortress trapped behind the walls of itself, one day hoping that the walls will fall down and float away. The fortress doesn't always stay, it's a loose cannon but mostly my mind is a fortress to hide from pain. It's a bad fortress though for blocking the pain, for it blocks all other emotions with the pain.

My mind is a fortress waiting to shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment