Saturday, December 29, 2012

Turtle Scar

I have an unhealthy obsession with turtles. I am willing to admit that. It's funny really because I have this scar on my nose. You can barely see it even if you are looking for it, but it is there. It's just a faint scar. You can see it better when I have freckles, but I don't go outside enough for there to be lots of freckles anymore. This scar though, I have a distinct memory of how I got it. My parents have told me that this memory is completely false and never happened, but it is the memory I have so that's what I'm stuck with.
This memory starts with my family visiting my aunt and uncle in Chicago at their home. They supposedly once owned turtles, they may have they may not have. They might even still have these supposed turtles if they do exist, I don't even know. Anyway in this memory I somehow got bit by this turtle. I don't remember how it happened. Sometimes I remember being at the top of the steps with the turtle and other times I just can't explain it. But I swear a turtle bit my nose. Don't you think that's a great thing to have happen to you?
What stuck about this memory though is that my parents kept telling me to stop picking at the cut on my nose. We had to put bandages on it a lot. Like the little round ones that are supposed to blend in with your skin so no one notices them. In case you didn't know already, if you have a bandage on your nose it will be noticed no matter how well it fits in with your skin color! I never stopped picking it though, I mean obviously I did eventually, but not soon enough. I now have a scar.
So I'm sure that this memory that I have is just a story that was made to make my scar cool. I thinks it is cool and funny that my first memory of an encounter with turtles is being bitten by one. AND I'M OBSESSED WITH TURTLES STILL.


No comments:

Post a Comment